Thursday, June 24, 2010

DEALING WITH A HEAT WAVE

Our average daytime temp this week has been 95 degrees and Heddy is not a very heat tolerant dog so I have been busy trying to find ways to keep her cool.

I saw what I thought would be a great new toy for her a toy that was supposed to float  “ The FLOATING FLAPPY” I figured it would be safe to throw out in the boat slip for her to retrieve and keep her swimming. So I ordered her one. It arrived yesterday and after work we headed down into the boat slip.

On the very first toss I realized we had a problem. The “Flottie” SANK …. BUT….. SO DID HEDDY…. She trotted into the water and just dove right in after it as if she had been doing it all her life.

SO I may not be able to toss the FLOATING FLAPPY out into the boat slip for her to retrieve but she sure is having fun with it in clear water.  I wonder how deep she would go if we had a swimming pool?

No comments:

Post a Comment