Monday, May 24, 2010

PRE NOVICE OBEDIENCE ...... hahahahahahahaha

Ok so again we arrived at FENC nice and early , remember I have NEVER shown a dog before so I really do not have any Idea how this all works. We find a nice shady spot for the trusty Prius and our stuff get it all set up for the day.

So with all of our stuff under control we headed up to watch the show and maybe see how it is done. I really enjoyed watching the other Border Terriers compete There is nothing like a Border Terrier in the Obedience Ring. And I quickly learned why everyone kept telling me that you always had to bring a sense of Humor into the ring with you. As even some of the very best trained Borders just sort of occasionally did their own thing.

In all the confusion it seemed they decided to move the Pre-Novice class up so I RAN and got Heddy and we checked in then it seems as soon as we checked in the decided that NO they could not do Pre-Novice NOW it would v=come LATER after the Teams. OK so take Heddy for a walk to calm down then come back up to watch teams. What FUN.
Then again they are looking for PRE-NOVICE. and NOW oppps no not now they are going to take linch first.  At this point I am confused.
So I put Heddy away again. Only to hear them call me to the ring as soon as I get back from the car. SO I run back get Heddy and here we come. I am not sure if I even remember my time in the ring. I must have remembered to breath, cause I did not pass out. When I entered the ring I told the judge this was my first dog show experience EVER and smiled. Her response was well first take that thing off your pants. I had forgotten that I had a clip hanging form my belt loop.  So much for brownie points. And so we began. FORWARD... I truly believe that Heddy knew just how upset and nervous I was as she did not do ANYTHING I asked. She DID HEEL beautifully but I think it was out of FEAR!  I am not sure if she SAT one time when we stopped. THEN to just add icing to the cake when the judge came over for the STAND for inspection Heddy leaped up onto her and tried to kiss her WHOLE face. THE JUDGE WAS NOT AMUSED. I do not even think she smiled. ... So she said we could leave. I thought we had done so poorly that we were excused. SO I again PUT poor Heddy back in her crate.  Only to have someone come running to find me saying where is Heddy you are needed for the long Sits and Downs. OH LORD.... Grabbed out of her Crate again in run back to the Ring. we are directed not to a place at the end of the line but RIGHT in the middle.  So here we go SIT.... Heddy Sits so nice then plops down. BUT at least she stayed.  Then the LONG Down.  SO.... DOWN.... Heddy is in a lovely down doing great I am actually starting to relax... when suddenly Border Terrier tumbleweeds of Undercoat go rolling thru the ring.A little fluff gets past her but then A BIG BEAUTIFUL BALL OF FLUFF..... Well we all know where this went. Up went Heddy and Hooray look at me Mom I caught the ball.  Again Judge was not Amused.
I truly wish I had photos or a video to share but the mental photos will have to do.
This time we truly were excuses and Heddy got her nap.  just a short one....

No comments:

Post a Comment