Monday, May 24, 2010

RALLY NOVICE - A and Terrier Races

After our total disaster in Pre-Novice I was standing around watching the Rally and got totally PSYCHED OUT. what great dogs and one of the owners told me how much time and money she had spent on training for just this class.  I decided that the Comedy team of Nancy and Heddy had done enough damage for the day. SO I went over and pulled Heddy from the Rally Novice -A Class. and Volunteered to help. As I was helping the Steward I calmed down and told the steward what I had done and why. She said no puppy should be pulled for those reasons and asked the judge permission for her to be put back in the lineup. The Judge was wonderful and agreed with the steward. Telling me to go get my puppy.
WELL that is great except that because I had pulled her I did not bother to walk the course or really to even pay attention to what the course was. SO the very first time I read any of the signs was as we entered. WHOOPIE. HERE WE GO AGAIN.
I guess I was more relaxed since I was so busy reading the signs and processing the information. BUT Heddy had a great time. When I stopped she SAT. And when asked she went DOWN. In fact SHE must be able to read because I misread one of the signs and told her to down with out a SIT but she dropped to a sit first TEN did her lovely DOWN. The Judge laughed and told me that although I gave the wrong command my dog did it right.
She was totally frozen when I had to walk around her and even did  a decent heel from the front  ( we had never done that before that morning) So I left the ring a very HAPPY owner with a HAPPY  Puppy. It doesn't get better than that does It? ....  We went over sat down and watched the rest of the class. I really learned a lot watching the Novice-B. BOY now I see what I did wrong and will do it different next time.

The judge called all of the NOVICE -A class back into the ring. She asked if anyone had gotten there first legg. I just stood there. Novice ME I had no Idea that I WAS SUPPOSED to check the score board.  The Steward again came to my rescue and told me that Heddy had a Qualifying Score and that YES we had JUST gotten our FIRST LEG.  One of the other dogs finished their RN and then they announced 4th and third place. Suddenly they announced 2nd place and I was in a TOTAL state of shock in fact I had to check my arm band because they had JUST ANNOUNCED OUR NUMBER.
WE WON 2nd PLACE in RALLY NOVICE -A I still do not believe it.

From there we went straight up to the Terrier Races. I can not imagine where she found the energy but Heddy loved it. THe first trial run they ran with muzzles but ALL of the Puppies were so busy trying toget rid of the muzzles that no one ran. So since they were puppies it was decide that they could run with out Muzzles.
There were two Puppy classes and even though she was the youngest puppy she won her heat.  When they had a race between the winners of the two heats. Well lets just say that I believe the Little Blue Boy that beat her must eat jet fuel for breakfast. WOW was he fast. He was not only a very Handsome Blue and Tan Border Terrier but VERY VERY determined. Even after his race was WON . I saw his MOM have to chase him down when he tried to race outside the course.

I do not have any photos of Heddy Racing (YET) but here is one of the other GUYS doing a great Superman impression. 




Heddy was very HOT and Tired from her LONG day so after a quick dip in the Puppy  pool to cool her off we headed on down the hill and back to the Hotel Room where neither one of us had any trouble sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Heddy! Well done my little pal. You are a super dog.

    ReplyDelete