Wednesday, January 27, 2010

OUR FIRST WEEK

What have we done? And to think I thought this would all be SO easy. After all I have been involved in animals my WHOLE life. Dad had GSPs and I have almost always had at least one dog around. Raised and Shown GOD only knows how many Maine Coon Cats in my life time. And we will not count the farm animals with the Horses sheep and Goats while the kids were growing up. SO how can this little ball of fur turn our house inside out?

She is doing great at sleeping in her crate. sleeps MOST of the night then we get up and head out the door, OH GOD WHY DID I GET A PUPPY IN WINTER! Snow on the ground freezing and she thinks it is a winter wonderland! ALL I want is to get back inside and have a warm cup of anything. She loves everybody still a little shy at first meeting but warms up quick. Still afraid of dogs.We will start Puppy class to help with that. First visit to the Vet. Jan 7th she is 14 weeks and 6 lbs. got her Rabies shot. We will be looking for a new vet. We did not see eye to eye on anything. and I HATE being talked down to. The Vet treated me as if I were an idiot. wanted to change EVERYTHING the breeder recommended why fix what ain't broke? then charged me $90.00 for the visit. Guess I would not have been upset but she KNEW I was a Nurse and my Husband is a Physician AND I have been involved with dogs and cats for YEARS this is NOT my first puppy. Heck she did not even know what a Border Terrier was.

Oh well Heddy is doing GREAT and that is what Counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment